Day Trip to Holašovice
Rural Baroque Style
- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- English speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to monuments and museums
- Map of Czech Republic
- Tour according to the itinerary
- Traditional Czech Lunch
- Transfers during the tour
- VAT - Local tax
- Personal expenses
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
- Day Trip to Holašovice
Start the day by meeting your driver and guide outside your hotel in Prague. From there you will proceed to Holašovice. Along the way your driver will explain the extensive and complicated past of the Czech history and recount tales about the glory of some of the most famous Czechs.
Upon arrival in Holašovice you will take a walking tour of the village in which your guide will explain how this unique village has overcome so many difficulties, including decades of abandonment, but has still managed to maintain its incredibly particular architecture which is not found anywhere else in the world. Be sure to take in all of the individual little special details on all of the houses there.
Following the tour, you will stop for lunch (with a drink of your choosing-beer, wine or soft drink) at a real, traditional Czech restaurant with some of the best authentic Czech meals on the menu (meal included).
From there you will continue on to Hluboka Castle, which is a considered one of the most beautiful castles in all of Europe, if not the world. It is a an exquisite example from the romantic period in history and being there absolutely creates a feeling of romance and awe. The castle was renovated several times and still retains evidence of the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque time periods. At the castle you will go on a guided tour of the interior as well as have time to explore the exterior grounds with its famous gardens and mazes.
At the end of the tour you will be returned to Prague and to your hotel.
More about Castles and more
More about Czech Republic
More about South Bohemia
More about this tour
Included in this tour:
- Pickup and drop off at your hotel in Prague
- Transportation to and from Holašovice with an English speaking driver and guide
- Guided tour of Holašovice Village
- 1x delicious traditional Czech lunch with 1 drink (beer, wine or other non-alcoholic drink)
- 1x guided tour through the Hluboka Castle in English
- Guided tours with a professional English guide according to the itinerary
- Special information brochure about Prague and Czech Republic for your trip
- Local taxes
User Reviews & Comments
I had never heard of Holasovice before which is why when we did hear about it we immediately decided to check it out and WOW. It's so cool to see this village which was able to keep these buildings from falling apart after so many years of abandonment. If you are really looking for something unique to do in Czech republic, then you have to check out this tour.
April 2, 2020