BEST DAY TRIP FROM PRAGUE TO KUTNA HORA
Former Silver Capital
of the World
- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- English speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to monuments and museums
- Tour according to the itinerary
- Traditional Czech Lunch
- Transfers during the tour
- Personal expenses
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
- Escape Prague:
Medieval Town once among the Richest in the World
Departing from Prague after breakfast, you will get to see the countryside outside Prague for a short while before arriving to Kutná Hora, during which time your guide will give you an in depth history of the Czech Republic, once known as Bohemia.
The first stop will be at the slightly ghastly Sedlec Ossuary, where bone chandeliers hang from the ceiling and the artist's name is written with them as well.
Then head towards the center of Kutná Hora where your guide will surprise you with details of the stunning architecture, including a trip inside the famous St. Barbara's Cathedral, which the miners built in honor of their patron saint. Find out why it took 500 years to complete.
Then enjoy a traditional Czech lunch at a local restaurant where you'll get to try a delicious dish prepared in the old Czech style.
Take a walk around the town with your guide to learn of some of the other important buildings and streets that wind around each other.
On the way back you'll have the opportunity to ask any finally questions before being dropped at your hotel in Prague.
More about Castles and more
More about Central Bohemia
More about Czech Republic
More about this tour
Kutná Hora, a beautiful historical city was once the silver mining capital of Europe and produced 80% of the world’s silver in the 14th century. It is from these times that the term ‘dollar’ derived. It now hosts a beautiful cathedral which took 500 to build, a famous bridge, lover’s lane, chocolate factory and some of the best Czech food you’re going to find. And just outside this sleepy town is Sedlec Ossuary, where bones become beautiful artwork which adorn the inside of a Jesuit church, granting peace rather than dread to all who visit it. This rare display of remains makes it a truly one-of-a-kind site in the world as well as making it one of the most visited attractions in the Czech Republic.
Included in this tour
- Pickup and drop off at your hotel in Prague
- Transportation to and from Kutná Hora with an English speaking driver and guide
- Guided tour of Kutná Hora, Sedlec Ossuary, St. Barbara Cathedral
- 1x delicious traditional Czech lunch with 1 drink (beer, wine or other non-alcoholic drink)
- Entrance tickets for Sedlec Ossuary, St. Barbara Cathedral and the Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady
- Guided tours with a professional English guide according to the itinerary
- Special information brochure about Prague and Czech Republic for your trip
- Local taxes
User Reviews & Comments
My wife and I had a really great day in Kutna Hora. The guide was really knowledgeable and told some pretty crazy stories about all of the places we visited. We were excited and a bit wary of the Bone Church but it turned out to be a highlight of the trip (don't miss out if you're debating it). And our lunch was absolutely delicious, thanks for the recommendations on which dishes to choose.
September 14, 2019